- What is LEAN? Historical development of the methodology. LEAN philosophy and its fundamentals. Concept of LEAN thinking in business.
- LEAN management: pros and cons as compared to the conventional management.
- Understanding “values” and “wastes” in business. Searching and determining wastes in work processes. Analysis of the main types of wastes of LEAN according to the 8W model (The 8 Wastes of LEAN). Elimination tools and practical tasks.
- What is the client paying for? Determining the core value of product, support and service for a client. Value stream. Plan of achieving a perfect stream in a company. Practical ways how to organize the stream movement.
- LEAN — game: value stream.
- Main LEAN tools for the managers: 5S, Kanban, JIT (Just in Time), Spaghetti Diagram, Process Stream Mapping, etc.
- Company’s processes improvement. Practice of a company’s specific process improvement.
- Effective workplace creation technology. 5S tool and its practical application in business.
- LEAN leadership. Owner/manager vs. team. LEAN team creation and effective cooperation.
- Tools for development and involvement of employees into LEAN transformation.
- LEAN transformations within a company. When and what for? Conditions for a successful implementation of LEAN within a company.
This course presupposes practical performance of exercises and tasks, study of business cases, educational business games and simulations for manufacturing and non-manufacturing companies.