The «New Technological Entrepreneurship» course will start in May 12th 2021. It is the last one in the Certification program.
It is 4-days course (24 hours in total) with professors: Sev Onyshkevych, Jack Henneman, Howard Nelson, Joseph Studholme.
You will be communicating with four seasoned veterans who have, between them, started over 25 companies, acquired over 50 startups, and have had a mix of successful «exits» and failures. This is an opportunity to learn from others’ experiences, as well as «book learning» which can be done independently.
We will break you into groups based on your profiles (trying to allow in each group people with backgrounds in strategy, marketing, sales and technology): 4-5 people per group (4 groups).
We will use some «case studies» where the groups will provide their ideas about actual company situations.
After the four days, each student will have to come up with an idea for a technology-based company and prepare an «elevator pitch» for presentation to potential investors/employees/clients.
We intend this course to:
- (mindset) enhance participants’ entrepreneurial and problem-solving mindsets;
- (skillset) help participants understand the startup «ecosystem», better structure entrepreneurial companies and projects, present these and communicate about their projects with external parties (investors, employees, prospects);
- (toolset) provide a methodology of preparing a viable entrepreneurial plan.
By the end of the course, participants will:
- Understand whether starting or joining a technological start-up is «your thing» or not;
- If it is «your thing», you will understand how to move further with your company (or «intrapreneurial» project);
- If starting your own company is not «your thing» you will understand the basics of entrepreneurship and the startup world, whether as a supplier to startups, an acquirer of startups, and also enhance your «business owner» perspective in a larger organization.