LvBS Visionary Center is rooted in the idea of three pillars that enable the development of individual companies and ensure the country’s success story in general.
In which direction should we move in the future from where we are now? This is the question that company owners and executives try to answer through daily decision-making. Which way is business really heading? What is the unifying factor of Ukrainian companies in the competitive battlefield of foreign markets? Appropriate responses to these sweeping challenges require a visionary dimension. Vision is a mental image behind the development strategy of a company, cluster, or sector. By implementing projects within the Visionary Center, Lviv Business School seeks to help its clients and partners build corporate foresight through a clear forward-looking vision. We are building the future today.
Strategic vision development and thinking in terms of “Wish Big!” are essential for translating intentions into action. At Lviv Business School and the Ukrainian Catholic University, we are very assiduous in elaborating our strategy and integrating it with diligent execution. UCU is one of the few universities in Ukraine with a vision and strategy for the next 20 years. It boasts a special spirit of openness, honesty, and creativity – characteristics that our society often lacks, and places the main emphasis on the quality of training.
Corporate Social Responsibility
In 2016, we conducted a survey among graduates and participants of our four long-term programs (Key Executive MBA, MS in Technology Management, MS in Innovations and Entrepreneurship, and MA in Human Resources). Its findings showed that 72% of respondents work for socially responsible businesses, which highlights the importance of our ambition to build a responsible and socially active community of entrepreneurs capable of leaving imprints on the life of society and thus reinforcing the foundations of democracy. As a competitive global player, we are open to international experience. Our study programs are grounded in the learning-by-doing principle and are unique intersections of business, philosophy, culture, and arts.
All this empowers us to be agents of change – a dream for other institutions – and nurtures our uniqueness. We also take pride in being a signatory to PRME.The Principles for Responsible Management Education (PRME) is the UN Global Compact’s initiative to transform management education, research and thought leadership globally by providing the Principles for Responsible Management Education framework, developing learning communities and promoting awareness about the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals. The Six Principles of PRME (http://www.unprme.org/about-prme/the-six-principles.php) are inspired by internationally accepted values, such as the Ten Principles of the Global Compact. They seek to establish a process of continuous improvement among institutions of management education in order to develop a new generation of business leaders capable of managing the complex challenges faced by business and society in the 21st century.
Projects of LvBS Visionary Center:
- Since 2009, we have been organizing an annual visionary conference INTRO. We select topics in line with the most relevant challenges and setbacks facing Ukrainian business and society: Financial Sprint, Breakthrough Innovations, Strategy and Finance, Trends Shaping the Future, Do You Have a Strategy for the Next 30 years?
- Since 2011, we have been holding regular biannual events in Kyiv within the framework of the Business Credo Discussion Club. These are meetings in a ‘business talk’ format with leading thinkers and opinion makers in the Ukrainian and international environment aimed at building active dialogue and strengthening the role of entrepreneurs in guiding key societal processes in the country. Our previous guest speakers include His Grace Bishop Borys Gudziak, Krzysztof Zanussi, Myroslav Marynovych, His Beatitude Lubomyr Husar, Yaroslav Hrytsak, Ivan Malkovich, Eugene Sverstyuk, Valeriy Pekar, and Oksana Zabuzhko.
- Since 2013, we have been offering a biannual inspirational program for leaders reflexio.Its motto is Think. Create. Change, and it harmoniously unites ethical, spiritual, and creative components of learning. The program aims to help company owners and executives understand their role as leaders not only within their organizations, but also in a global context. Reflexio focuses on forward-looking goals using methods of reflection rooted in such values as human dignity and freedom.
- In 2014, LvBS team members spoke on corporate social responsibility (CSR) in Ukraine at an international conference entitled “Sources of the Civic: Catholic Higher Education and Democracy in Europe” (Rome, Italy).
- In 2016, Lviv Business School participated in the PRME Chapter CEE Meeting (Riga, Latvia).
+38 067 67 318 76
LvBS Visionary Center is developing and growing. You are welcome to join our projects!