UCU Business School have launched a collaboration with Lapland UAS on the 22nd of November 2021 by our first meeting with Lapland UAS with Anzelika Krastina, Senior Lecturer/ Project manager, Northern Well-Being and Services Expertise Unit, Lapland University of Applied Sciences; Maarit Tihinen, Principal lecturer, Lapland University of Applied Sciences; Tanja Suomalainen, Principal lecturer (Master Programme in Digital Business Management); Maria Palokari (international service – incoming students) and Sanna Juotasniemi (international service- outcoming students).
In the meeting, we have agreed to sign an MoU, a bilateral agreement for settling long-term collaboration within our institution that was signed on the 28th of January 2022.
We also agreed to arrange a webinar in a hybrid model for both the students of LvBS UCU that was carried out on the 10th of May “Cultural diversity and innovation in business” for the students of MSc in Innovations and Entrepreneurship program LvBS, and Lapland UAS students. Prof. Oleksandr Akymenko and Prof Anzelika Krastina have carried out a joint workshop for our students.
„I am extremely proud of our Ukraine partners and students in Lviv – joint Lapland UAS and Lviv Business School online innovation workshop took place today regardless the circumstances. There was a lots of innovative energy and inspiration, just amazing! Unfortunately sirens went on while partner teacher was speaking. No one notice from the reaction, just got to know later on. I wish everyone stays safe! We all can do as much as a drop that makes an ocean! I am overwhelmed to host such an event with great colleagues and students!“, – wrote Anzelika Krastina.
Our collaboration with Lapland UAS foresees Academic Exchange: cooperation in research activities; exchange of faculty members; exchange of students exchange of scientific materials, publications, and information; other activities
Lapland UAS can accept and admit the Erasmus+ grant for 10 students during the academic year 2022-2023 (Ukraine – Lapin AMK) and for the autumn semester of 2022 the maximum amount of student which can be accepted / program is as follows:
- Digital Business Management (Master level): 2 students
- International Business (Bachelor level): 4 students
- Information Technology (Bachelor level): 5 students
- Social Services (Bachelor level): 3 students
Lapland UAS can accept exchange students from our partner institution, Ukrainian Catholic University, for the autumn semester of 2022 and/or spring semester of 2023.
- The list and descriptions of the courses offered for bachelor-level students can be found at Erillinen opintokokonaisuus – Opetussuunnitelmat (csc.fi). Students can choose courses from one study field only. In addition to the program-specific studies, they can choose courses from the Common Exchange studies (course International Forestry and course Nature and Economic Life in Lapland, Reindeer Husbandry Case are possible only for students coming to Rovaniemi).
- Basically, nominations/applications can be accepted continuously but for students to be able to start their studies on time at the beginning of the Autumn semester, we would need the nomination by 17 June and then the application deadline would be 26 June.