- Dr. Joe M. Pons lives in Málaga Spain and is the Founding Partner and President of AXIOMA Marketing Consultants, a firm specializing in strategic marketing projects as well as in the training and executive development aspects that usually go hand in hand with Customer Orientation activities.
- Between August 2012 and Jan 2014 Prof. Pons was a Visiting Professor at Babson College in Boston, teaching MBA and Executive Programs as well as developing new frameworks in the Entrepreneurial Marketing Mindset.
- He has worked, as consultant, -among others- for Henkel, Electrolux, The World Bank, Deutsche Bank, Telefonica, Omnicon, ABN Amro Bank, SoftServe, BBVA and Bertelsmann.
Programs and courses:
- He earned his Ph.D. at IESE, Barcelona with a doctoral dissertation on the effectiveness of marketing management practices in the branch networks of Saving Banks.
- For 14 years he was a Marketing Professor at IESE International Graduate School of Management in Barcelona and for 3 years he was Director of its highly acclaimed full-time MBA Program.
- Currently, his regular teaching assignments include being a Visiting Professor at the IEDC – Bled School of Management as well as at LvBs in Lviv (Ukraine). He regularly cooperates with some major corporate universities in Europe and America. He has taught in more than sixty countries in institutions such as the Darden School at the University of Virginia, INSEAD in Fontainebleau (France), ESMT in Berlin, and Munich, ESADE in Barcelona, and IAE in Buenos Aires (Argentina). At some of these institutions, he has received numerous teaching awards.
- His expertise at “training trainers” in case methodology has taken him to more than 20 countries where he has delivered faculty development programs.
- Professor Pons is the author of a number of well-known business cases as well as articles on the use of the case method in management education.
- His current consulting engagements focus on aligning sales and marketing organizations to shifting strategic priorities, improving inter-functional coordination as a mechanism towards greater market orientation as well as international market selection criteria. More recently, during the pandemic, his consulting activity has increased manifold. He is active on a number of Boards of Directors.